Will you or your partner develop a wandering eye and end up cheating on the relationship with another person? Kathy gives 10 questions to ask yourself to gauge if you are going to find a third person in your romantic life. Get a pen and paper out and be real with yourself on this one. Find out if you are likely to roam and seek out love in all the wrong places. We suggest you have your partner do this as well.
1. Were you committed from the start of your relationship?
2. Do you actually get the concept of committment?
3. Are you acting out past wounds from childhood or prior relationships?
4. Do you go outside the relationship to feel valued, instead of confronting relationship problems?
5. Are you unable to identify your needs and ask for them to be met?
6. Do you ask for needs to be fulfullied and your partner refuses?
7. Do you engage in compulsive online sexual behavior?
8. Do you like risk and excitement?
9. Do you have intense workplace relationships or like sharing crisis or intense experiences?
10. Do you do something to shake up the relationship in hopes of ending it?
If you say yes to any of these, you may need rethink why you are in a relationship, or get help from a licensed therapist either to work on becoming committed or discover ways to end the relationship without the typical attacks and negativity that comes from divorce.